Under Consideration Server: Waypoints

nlTarzan

Server Partner
United Titan

Waypoints is a plugin something a player can earn/buy that will allow them to place a single anchor in their base. From that anchor they can teleport to any already discovered anchors. My suggestion would be for this to be something that the community as a whole can unlock after they have completed the Nether Hub/Tunnels.

As for using these waypoints my biggest issue with is that it could make the Nether Hub completely useless. In counter my biggest issue with the Nether Hub has always been travel time, especially if you forgot just one thing. My compromise for this would be that each player gets 2 free teleports every hour. They don't stack so you can have a max of 2 teleports. This will allow for a roundtrip to any destination with another Anchor. If player want to abuse the teleporting they can pay for that with in-game currency.

Personally I would love this because it gives you the convenience of being able to do 1 quick round trip if you forget something, but for any other travel needs you still have the Nether Hub to get to places quickly.

I completely agree with your points. In some other servers, I've noticed that people warp around excessively, which can diminish the overall experience. While it's essential to have easy access to central locations like the spawn area, where we'll provide various server features such as economy zones, PvP areas, crates, and award claim areas, the thrill of Minecraft comes from exploration. Whether it's on foot, by boat, or using the Elytra, the journey is a significant part of the fun.

Implementing a waypoint system that allows for limited, quick travel while still encouraging players to utilize game mechanics like the Nether for longer journeys seems like a great compromise. This way, we maintain the usefulness of the Nether Hub and still offer a convenient option for those moments when you need to make a quick round trip.

Does anyone else have thoughts on this? I definitely think it's worth considering.

In other games, it is called a cool down timer. So, if you get 2 per hour, the cool down timer would be 30 min per use.

In other games, it is called a cool down timer. So, if you get 2 per hour, the cool down timer would be 30 min per use.
That might be easier to implement, but I was hoping it could be done to give 2 per hour, because that would allow for a quick round trip whenever you get your free teleports.

Back